Tuesday 3 September 2013

And so it begins...


Ok, so the roller coaster is about to begin. 

As a family, we have decided to become dog owners. Now I'm not a total novice, having had a Jack Russell in my household many years ago. However, that probably doesn't count.

So what breed of dog did we decide upon? Only one of the most energetic and intelligent breeds, the Border Collie. I have done tons of research and the one thing that has become clear is that nothing is clear when it comes to these amazing animals. I think it's safe to say that the journey is going to be an interesting one. I am encouraged by the fact my family are all enthusiastic and it will be a joint effort..

This picture was taken on Sunday 1st September 2013 at Leedale farm where the wonderful lady who breeds the Collies lives.


She will be 8 weeks old on 10th September and it is likely that we will be ready to pick her up on Friday 13th (hopefully not an omen). We have not settled on a name yet although I think Lola is currently top of the list.

So stand by for lots and lots of exercise (physical and mental) and plenty of training.

Now essentially this blog is going to be a record of some of the day to day ups (and no doubt downs) of taking on what is akin to a hairy baby, complete with sleepless nights, early morning activity and lots and lots of careful and patient guidance. However, if you happen across it, feel free to let me know what you think. Or better still, offer advice and thoughts on your own experiences of owning one of these amazing dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment